• Register Today It's free!

Compatibility Question

Boshka

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ST
I was wondering if anyone knows of an online resources to find out what model/years are compatible with my 2001? I just found some good condition seats from a 2004 Explorer. And was wondering if they would fit with out any modifications needed?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Never mind I believe I have found my answer. Just had to expand my search a bit more.

just FYI and for others.

interior: perfect matches are 01-05 tracs, and 01-03 sports some 2nd gen parts fit too. 95-01 expo

exterior: "B" pillar forward is 01-05 tracs and 01-03 sports, "B" pillar back is unique to 01-05 tracs

suspension/drivetrain: obviously 01-05 tracs, 01-03 sports, and also 95-01 expos

Good info to have handy... Thanks
And now to search for a tailgate (Never Ending)

I see tailgates and beds on craigslist frequently but they're obviously worth their weight in gold.

I'm doing a search online for salvage yards. I have found a few listed within 70miles or less for $200-$300. I would keep the one I have but the bottom where the seam is located is rusting bad. I don't think its worth the effort or cost to attempt to repair it.
And since I'm looking to get some rust spots taken care of and a paint job on it in a few weeks anyway. Figured i would see if I can find a decent tailgate to replace it with.

Just wish they had pictures of them posted though.

97 to 2000 F150 super crews have the same tail gate lots more of them in junk yards

Did you mean the SuperCab Flairside model?

Yes the 97-03 I believe f150 flare side beds have similar gates. Not a perfect match but close plastic cladding at the bottom as I recall is different

Back