• Register Today It's free!

Compatibility

filb

Reaction score
City, State
gold coast
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 explorer uz
How compatible are the V6 models to the V8 models what i mean is the cv shafts and upper and lower control arms and other stuff like that i have V8 model but have been offered a V6 model for parts as my V8 is in need of repair both are 04 UZ models just tje V6 has no motor or registration and the V8 is complete and running with rego so can i use the V6 front end parts to fix the V8
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You need to post in the 2002-2005 Explorer Mountaineer 3rd Generation section. This is the 2001-2005 Sport Trac section. Totally different vehicles, plus if you're in Australia like your signature suggests, that could be another twist.

I didn't realise they were different the book tjat i got with tje car says its a sport trac is that just the transmission ?
Its a wagon so is that mountaineer in the USA sorry for that i didn't know my bad bit it is a USA vehicle jist beem converted to right hand drive the driveline is still all same which is why i had originally asked the question om your forum because the forums over here keep telling me ask a yank they know more about these cars than we do

The 2001-05 Sport Trac is a 4 door truck with a small truck bed/box in the rear. It's based off the 2001 and earlier Explorers, and only had a V6. The Mountaineer is the Mercury version of the Explorer. There are only a few minor differences between the Explorer and Mountaineer. I suggest you look through the different sections of the forum and look for threads with photos. When you find photos that look like what you have, you'll probably be in the correct section and someone there can answer your questions. I know nothing about the 2002 and later Explorers.

Also keep in mind we're halfway around the world and a lot of time zones from you. May take us awhile to respond.

Back