Complete M90 Supercharger Assemblies | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Complete M90 Supercharger Assemblies

takaminegenie

Reaction score
City, State
Eupora, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 4x4
Does anyone have used M90 s/c setups for sale? I have found a few on ebay, but only the s/c alone. They are selling anywhere from $350-$800. (a lot cheaper than the $2700 BBK Kit that Summit is offering). Anyways, all feedback is appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

$800 is usually all they cost new. The reason the kits are so expensive is the machining and R&D for the rest of the stuff: intake plenum to the motor, intake to the s/c, tb mount, egr, iac, etc. So unless you have access to free labor and a machine shop, you don't really save much in the longrun.

Summit is offering the plenum for around $250. After that, all that you will need is filter and lead from that, and the computer module right? Not trying to argue, just want to get to the bottom of this before i make a $2000 mistake.

give me a link to that Summit item.

http://store.summitracing.com/defau...bykeyword&Part=bbk&Search.x=1&SearchType=Both

Item # BBK-1592 Doesnt tell the info about it on that page, but i looked it up in my summit Magazine and that part number includes the plenum adapter, computer module, Throttle body adapter plate and gaskets.

The price is $199.99, i am guessing that the "plenum" you are referring to is the plate that makes it possible to bolt the s/c to the injection manifold?

THis is what drives me crazy about Ebay, INCORRECT desciptions of items. The M90 will bolt to a 4.0 true but the kit offered by Summit doesn't offer the lower intake, not the mounting brackets or anything. All it cover is a few addtional brackets for differences in EGR valves and such. If you don't beleive me go ahead and make a $200 mistake and order the kit. Later Doug904.

nope, all that is is the intake tube and misc adapters. all the main stuff is in the $2600 item.

So how much $ usually is associated with a similar "used" kit for that? Or are they impossible to come by?

Considering the kits are rare in the first place, a used one will be really rare. They only came out 2 years ago, so I don't think anyone would be getting rid of one so soon.

Ok, thanks for the feedback. Guess i am going to be out $3000 no matter which way i go.

good luck with whatever you do.

Back