Complete positive side battery/charging/starter cable | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Complete positive side battery/charging/starter cable

You might find it hard to believe but some electrical supply houses, if they aren't busy, will do it for you with their tools and you know it is done right!
Take in donuts, and one of those to-go hot coffee containers. Works wonders. Also works great for inspections or routine service. I’ve never met a tradesman who didn’t like donuts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you confirm that for a 5.0 equipped explorer? I see it at Rockauto but when I search for 99 explorer it doesn’t come up.
Hello, the part number for the 5.0 V8 is F2TZ14300E

Hello, the part number for the 5.0 V8 is F2TZ14300E
That is not the correct part number for a 99 5.0 explorer. The correct number is XL2Z14300DA but is NLA.

Do you have a real audio shop in your area ? (Not a Best Buy) my local stereo shop is one of the best electrical games in town. They make cables and harnesses from everything from low riders to plow trucks. If you take the old cable off they should be able to easily replicate it in a better than new quality.

That is not the correct part number for a 99 5.0 explorer. The correct number is XL2Z14300DA but is NLA.

that is the part number from 1990-2005

When I looked at the fitment it said that part number was for the f250 and f350.
Really? according to my dealer its an exact fit and the link shows an exact fit as well

Really? according to my dealer its an exact fit and the link shows an exact fit as well
The first Ford place showed it as an f250/f350 part. That link shows it as a match. It wouldn’t surprise me if they used a fairly universal cable across many models.

The first Ford place showed it as an f250/f350 part. That link shows it as a match. It wouldn’t surprise me if they used a fairly universal cable across many models.
I doubt any super duty fitment would be the same. The location of some components in a 250/350 would be further away than on an explore.

This is what it shows.

930F5469-25E2-45C4-802E-5E7C30B5BF7A.png

That couldn’t be. No 5.0 until 96 and it was long gone before 05.
The 5.0 was in production for many many years it came to the explorer in 96 also what the fitment means is that it will fit any 5.0 from 1990-2005 at this point you would be better off getting a cable made

The Explorer 5.0 starter cable assembly includes the AC compressor wires. So the other models like the F250 etc, are different.

Back