Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 ford explorer 4.6l
so in the next 2 weeks im building a custom intake for my 05 x 4.6l
and its going to consist of dual air filters
its all in prep for when i put 5 k into a whole top end build
next is upgrading the exhaust all i have right now is the longest cherry bomber glass pack on it and im looking to remove resonator
so i have the throttle body going to a 45 degree bend, to a 6 inch tube,to a maf sensor housing, to a y pipe, and then to 2 air filters in the drawn up look of it and breather filter for the crank case
with the proper tune i say she should hopefully make some power
i haven had her dyno tuned or anything yet i do have a chip tuner
now for the complete top end built we are going to put trickle flow heads,comp cams stage 2 cams, ford performance pi intake manifold, intake plenum spacer, upgraded intake plenum, throttle body spacer and hopefully a bigger throttle body
i live in the buffalo New York area
and if any of u are from around here im going to ks auto and the guy i talked to yesterday said hell talk to the ford mechanic and see what he can do and have the mechanic call me so i can bring my truck in for some measuremnts
the bottom end is to come a year or so after i put the lvl 10 1000hp kit into the 5r55s

so in the next 2 weeks im building a custom intake for my 05 x 4.6l
and its going to consist of dual air filters
its all in prep for when i put 5 k into a whole top end build
next is upgrading the exhaust all i have right now is the longest cherry bomber glass pack on it and im looking to remove resonator
so i have the throttle body going to a 45 degree bend, to a 6 inch tube,to a maf sensor housing, to a y pipe, and then to 2 air filters in the drawn up look of it and breather filter for the crank case
with the proper tune i say she should hopefully make some power
i haven had her dyno tuned or anything yet i do have a chip tuner
now for the complete top end built we are going to put trickle flow heads,comp cams stage 2 cams, ford performance pi intake manifold, intake plenum spacer, upgraded intake plenum, throttle body spacer and hopefully a bigger throttle body
i live in the buffalo New York area
and if any of u are from around here im going to ks auto and the guy i talked to yesterday said hell talk to the ford mechanic and see what he can do and have the mechanic call me so i can bring my truck in for some measuremnts
the bottom end is to come a year or so after i put the lvl 10 1000hp kit into the 5r55s

how much whp and torque did it end up making?

I’m guessing from the way it was talked about, it never made more than factory. 1000hp 5r? :confused2:

Back