completly stripped | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

completly stripped

I just had a friend with a really nice 86 bronco with a 6 inch lift and unlimited other accessories. My friend has plenty of money and made this bronce one of the nicest i have seen. He got stuck at a local off-roading trail here in knoxville, tn around 8 p.m. Unlucky for him he couldn't find anyone to tow him out he called me but i was out of town and since it was spring break so were many others. He had to make the 3 mile hike back to the road and called a cab, the next day he went to find his bronco sitting on its frame pretty much everything imaginalble gone: (doors, most body parts, seats, exhaust, tires, wheels, batteries, steering wheel, cd player, speakers, most components of the lift kit!!!!!, most components of the engine!!!etc. the list never ends) it was unbelievable all the parts that were stolen from his vehicle. Whoever took them had to be a **** good mechanic because nothing broken just everything gone. He sold the remaining parts for $200 (what we could tow out). And bought a 4-runner despise my suggestion of a X.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! I fear this so I try to NEVER wheel alone, especially at night in spots where you can get stuck. I will sleep in my truck!!!

Keep an eye out for those parts!!!!!!!!

Like 410 said, I'd sleep in the Ex before leaving it on a trail. But that's harsh.

Is insurance helping any?

ya i would never leave my X alone and i never go alone and this one time he dicided and he didn't have anyone in the car with him , stupid stupid stupid. Ya we have been watching all the local newspapers and car dealerships, and even ebay. He is a pretty good mechanic himself and me and him customized alot of the parts so we will be able to recognize some parts for sure. hopefully we will find some.

the bronco was only for off-roading use so he dicided to save some money (which didn't make sense) and not get insurance. I told him it doesn't matter if it isn't for street you shouldstill get insurance (common sense) but he said no, so there was no insurance.

I have heard of that happening occasionally and it pisses me off! I would be so pissed if it happened to me, and it makes the entire off-roading community look bad. A few bad eggs.

very true matt very true in everything there are those people that ruin it for others , nice looking truck !!

Back