Component System power handling

B94Sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Geneva, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Okay, I admit it... I have become obsessed with improving my stereo system. :D In addition to the bass system I am in the process of building, I am also going to purchase kick panel component system enclosures, and use the Audiobahn ABC52X component set in them. My question is this: The specs for the system say that their power handling is 120 watts R.M.S... Does this mean 120 watts per set of 5.25" and tweeter or 120 watts for all four components combined?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it means 120 watts per midrange/tweeter

yeah, 120 watts per channel. make sure you have a good kick panel enclosure for the woofer because it is powerful. i used fiberglass.

So will the Q-Forms enclosures work or should I invest the time to make them myself? I am already going to attempt to fiberglass the top portions of the door panels and build a tweeter mount into them.

ive seen the q-forms and they seem kinda flimsy, but they will work. id make them myself if i were you. youll be a lot happier

if you get the Q-forms, you will have to still make a fiberglass enclosure to seal the back of the woofer. i have the q forms, but i still had to make a fiberglass enclosure for the woofer. they handle a lot of power and have a lot of excursion for a 5.25" midbass. just think of it as a mini subwoofer:)

Back