Compressor Removal '02 XLT Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Compressor Removal '02 XLT Explorer

rodman214

Reaction score
City, State
Central FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT
I'm trying to get the A/C hose manifold assembly out of the truck and the new one in, but I can't seem to squeeze the pipes betweenthe steering column and the AC compressor. I have loosened and disconnected the belt off of the compressor, but I can't see or figure out how to disconnect the compressor wiring harness from the little plastic clip underneath the compressor to disconnect the compressor from it's mount. I think there is another bolt under there that I need to get too to disconnect it, but I can't get that darn plastic wire harness holder off of the stud.

Please verify that there are a total of three bolts holding the compressor in place.

Nevermind, but just FYI:
When removing the compressor, it's easiest to unfasten the studs by the hex head on the end of the stud, because the compressor won't come off with the studs still attached to the mounting bracket. Once the Compr. is off, though, what a breeze!

I know this is a super old thread but I am stuck on this same step. That little plastic harness is covering the end of the stud and i cant slide it off let alone even break it. I am stumped. Not even sure how the studs can slide out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Like the guy 8 years ago i finally figured it out. Used a sprinkler head flat screw driver to fold back the thread stops on the plastic harness.

Back