Confirmed Version 2.11

chimoman

Reaction score
City, State
New Brunswick
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2011 Ltd
Just had my Ex updated today. Checked sync and the version is 2.11

BT4T-14D544-BM Gen2 - V2.11 This software release is the latest update in our continued efforts to improve system performance, device connectivity, and the overall SYNC experience. This software contains all previous enhancements, so there is no need to install any other updates. The installation of this update will take up to 40 minutes to complete. DO NOT remove your USB drive or turn off your vehicle. You must wait until Installation Complete displays on the center screen before removing your drive or turning your vehicle off. While the update is loading, SYNC will not recognize your mobile phone or media device. Be sure your vehicle engine is running (not in accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you initiate the installation process, once the download process has begun, you may drive your vehicle. CI 7/19/2011 :D

Confirmed Installations
SYNC Version
Gen2 - V2.11
BT4T-14D546-AG
SYNC compatible software BT4T-14D546-AP
SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F496-AJ
SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F496-AS
SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F497-AG
SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F497-AP
SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-AE
SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-BE
BT4T-14F603-AG
SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F603-AP

It is working super fast.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wooooo Hoooooo!

Did you get this update at a 'normal' dealer?
If so....
How did this get out and our customer service reps did not know and announce it to us?

Really? You're expected to run the vehicle for 40 minutes on idle while this thing updates? There's gotta be a better way.

I think that is a dealer update only. Not sure someone should check the sync site. When I got home it said 2.11.

Yes it was at a dealer. He told me he installed 2.6. Wasn't the Tech though. Looked at the sheet and it said updated to latest version. Which I take is 2.11

I'm amazed at how fast it works. I mean.... really fast. switching between radio and USB is instantaneous. No lag at all. Navagation and voice command are flawless. Immediate response. I must warn you though, mine were always pretty quick.

Anyway, 2.11 is out.

Really? You're expected to run the vehicle for 40 minutes on idle while this thing updates? There's gotta be a better way.

Are you serious? LSHMSFOAIDMT. There's one in every crowd.

By the way LSHMSFOAIDMT stands for

Laughed So Hard My Sombrero Fell Off And I Dropped My Taco.

I'd run mine for 2 hours if I thought it would update and improve it. There's just no pleasing some people.

I also just looked at all your posts and your gradually turning into a HATER. Go somewhere else. Maybe to a JEEP dealership where you probably work. One thing I hate is a Jeep lover. Hehehe.

Wow..fabulous!!! I was just asking on FB yesterday if there was a date yet for this(she said not yet). We are going to NC in 25 days & I wanted to get my '11 in for a complete "check up" & upgrade before leaving. I hope it continues to receive high marks from you!!!

lol... i imagine the whole thing would be done while car ignition is on accessory/on position and engine wont need to be running and they are saying do not turn key to off position during update.

I'd run mine for 2 hours if I thought it would update and improve it. There's just no pleasing some people.

Exactly. Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

Just got off the chat with "Harry" at Sync Support. Here's what he has to say:
You are now chatting with 'Harry'

How may I assist you?

you: Can you confirm that the new update for the MFT is out?

Harry: Thank you for contacting the Ford & Lincoln-Mercury SYNC Support Center.

Harry: How may I assist you?

Harry: Please hold one moment while I research your concern. This may take up to 3 minutes.

you: Should be Versin 2.11

Harry: That is the correct version, there has been not been release, the release has been pushed back to next week.

you: Really? Some people are reporting that they have it already installed

Harry: I can double check for you to make sure.

Harry: Please hold one moment while I research your concern. This may take up to 3 minutes.

you: thanks

Harry: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Harry: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.

Harry: I will be right with you.

you: ok

Harry: There may be a wait to install the update, but you can contact your dealership and the can see if the update is available for your vehicle.

So we'll have to see if it is available or not

Harry: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.

Harry: I will be right with you.

Sounds like Harry is still running v2.6 :D

lol... i imagine the whole thing would be done while car ignition is on accessory/on position and engine wont need to be running and they are saying do not turn key to off position during update.

It could be that they want it running because they don't want it to go into battery saving mode while it is updating.
I know my X will do that after about 30 minutes or less when I'm playing the radio while I'm washing it.

thx... didnt know.

It could be that they want it running because they don't want it to go into battery saving mode while it is updating.
I know my X will do that after about 30 minutes or less when I'm playing the radio while I'm washing it.

Koons Sterling Ford in VA said that they had it yesterday (didn't get a chance to post here). My father already has an appointment to get his updated.

I think I'm going to hold off on mine until the oil change comes around. It won't be that much longer before the first oil change and it hasn't been working as poorly as some others on here.

Coltrane%2C_Best.jpg

"GOOD NEWS!!!!"

Scheduled appointment for Friday 9:30am.

Service Writer said he did not know if that was a free update but I assured him it was.

He could not confirm that 2.11 was out but that should be determined here by Friday.

My system has not been all that bad but I have HUGE confidence that the attention needed was put into this update. Ford please don't let us down!

I have to wait till next Thursday they don't do it on Saturday's...appointment at 8am. Hope they have the process down pat by then.:D

Looking forward to some feedback!

The Corporate Communication Strategy at Ford is unbelievable.

They know how serious this issue is to their customers and look at the half assed approach.

We have Ford CSR and IVT telling us to wait it's coming.

We have members on this Forum with the software already installed.

Unbelievable!

NOW they are silent!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Corporate Communication Strategy in Ford is unbelievable.

They know how serious this issue is to its customers and look at the half assed approach.

We have Ford CSR and IVT telling us to wait it's coming.

We have members on this Forum with the software already installed.

Unbelievable!

Management VS staff....left hand,right hand....you know the rest.:D

Back