Confirmed Version 2.11 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Confirmed Version 2.11

Koons Sterling Ford in VA said that they had it yesterday (didn't get a chance to post here). My father already has an appointment to get his updated.

I think I'm going to hold off on mine until the oil change comes around. It won't be that much longer before the first oil change and it hasn't been working as poorly as some others on here.

Thanks. This is good to know.

Guess I will be calling to make an appointment.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine is being done RIGHT NOW.

I can't wait to see some improvement.

Fingers and toes are all crossed.

The Corporate Communication Strategy in Ford is unbelievable.

They know how serious this issue is to its customers and look at the half assed approach.

We have Ford CSR and IVT telling us to wait it's coming.

We have members on this Forum with the software already installed.

Unbelievable!

Dealerships are all afraid of being over-run. This is why they haven't made the announcement yet. Lines would be around the block at most places. Makes sense to me, but it is a little wonky.

My dealership says they can't find the update and wanted to know if I knew the TSB or reference number...

I'm praying for Loganfilm's Explorer.

If this doesn't fix it, it'll be in flames in under 12 hours afterwards... :D

I think I'm going to hold off on mine until the oil change comes around. It won't be that much longer before the first oil change and it hasn't been working as poorly as some others on here.

I just had 2.8 installed in mine. I think I'll wait for a bit too.

I was involved in an online conversation w/a sync representative late this morning and they confirmed the update went out yesterday. But it did not go to every dealer yet. They are planning on it being rolled out early next week. This could be why some dealers have it and some don't. I printed off my transcript from the online chat w/sync and took to my dealer. They are checking into it. i am not holding my breath for a return call though.

IVT team and Cory? You guys seem to be radio silent on this?

If your dealership can't locate the new version. Then they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. When they do the update they have to connect their computer to the ex. Then they also connect to the FORD site. It updates directly from FORD. So the tech at the dealership is probably a mechanic who knows a little about computers. Basically a grease monkey with some cognitive ablilitity. Go elsewhere, they will just screw it up. I spoke with my Tech and he is good. Knows the proper sequence. This sequence was posted on here sometime ago. Look it up, print it off and bring it to them. Show them the error of their ways.

I got it back and ran a vehicle health report and now the software version seems to be missing from the report....

Hmm. Haven't done much with it yet to know if it's really working and I'm still afraid to download my phone or connect an ipod. Will try shortly.

Hope it works out for you Loganfilm.

I was involved in an online conversation w/a sync representative late this morning and they confirmed the update went out yesterday. But it did not go to every dealer yet. They are planning on it being rolled out early next week. This could be why some dealers have it and some don't. I printed off my transcript from the online chat w/sync and took to my dealer. They are checking into it. i am not holding my breath for a return call though.

It (Software) doesnt go out to any dealership.

The dealerships have assigned laptops with acess to the SYNC Servers and they download off the servers right to their laptop and then into your vehicle.

That may be the case....but that is exactly what I was told. Whatever/however this needs to be done, not all dealerships are aware of it yet. Maybe the sync rep meant a TSB on the software update. I have an appointment for next Friday to have updated. I was hoping to have done prior to my trip to SC this weekend but next week will have to do.

Sync 2.11

Is this mainly a dealer update or can I install using USB, thanks!

Is this a free update from the Ford dealership?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Loganfilm, is it working for you?

Back