considering purchase of 2010 Mountaineer Premier | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

considering purchase of 2010 Mountaineer Premier

FFD

Reaction score
City, State
N.Y.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Merc Mountaineer
Hello, i am looking at a 2010 Mercury Mariner Premier 4wd v6 with 74k miles. Looks pretty clean, the price is 12,815 which appears to be a pretty good deal as it comes in under KBB, Edmunds and NADA.

Here are the concerns, while the carfax shows no evidence of accident/salvage etc...there are some issues with the computer and battery that appear to be red flags. I have listed the issues below and would appreciate anyone weighing on whether these are kind of normal issues, nothing to be concerned about...or stay away.

3/2010 vehicle sold to first owner
5/2010 at 3,734 miles Computer reprogrammed
12/2010 at 13,310 miles Battery replaced / Battery/charging sys checked
1/2014 at 54,296 miles Battery replaced / Battery/charging sys checked
06/19/2014 at 58k miles Computer reprogrammed

Many thanks, frank.

Note I realized after posting I had the model incorrect in the title...Mariner is the correct model. Newbie mistake. Sorry

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wouldn´t consider computer reprogram a bad thing, if it was replaced then yes. It seems like there was a newer software available from Ford. IF you can dig in a bit more and find out if the computer was bad or not.

So what are you looking at ? :)

Mariner or Mountaineer ?

This is an Explorer/Mountaineer forum.

I would also be looking for flood damage.

Back