• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

console cell phone mount?

Reaction score
City, State
Vacaville, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 limited (gone)
Hi folks;
I was wondering if anyone new where I could get one of those cell phone mounts that some of the explorers have? You know; the one that folds into the center console? I went to my local ford dealer and they told me that I would have to buy a whole console just to get the phone mount; and they want $300.00 for the console!!!! Damn; I already have the darn console; what do I need with another one?
I have a car kit for my cell phone, but I dont want to drill any holes in my ex just to mount the phone, and would rather put it in the console. Besides, with the places I work, it would be gone if I put it out in the open where it could be seen.
If anyone has any idea where I could get one, please let me know. Thanks folks.
George

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
What type of cell phone do you have?

I'm not sure the stock mount is the best way to go, I know there is a professional install that can be put into the console.

Reaction score
City, State
Vacaville, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 limited (gone)
Folks;
Thanks for the replies. Harry; yes, that is the one I am looking for. Do you know where I can order one? I have a nokia 5160 with a car kit and I want to mount the car kit to it so it can be folded into the console when it is not being used.
Thanks;
George

Harry5150

Reaction score
City, State
Santa Clarita, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Dodge Durango Limited
Try a wrecking yard to save $. If you cant find one, try fordpartsnetwork.com. Thats were I got the diagram from.

The part number listed on the picture was: 19A384

Just give torrie a description & he'll be able to find it for you.

Harry

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
I just wonder if it could be retrofitted.

Could be interesting.

I've often thought about installing a cigarette lighter in the tissue box holder and using the Startac handsfree kit I use in my Lexus. Its a cradle and it has a little boom microphone. Works pretty well.