Consumer Reports First Drive 2011 XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Consumer Reports First Drive 2011 XLT

esandye

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma City
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, more info/videos to feed my newfound obsession. Need something to occupy my time while enduring my agonizing wait ;)

Uhm..so far does that mean he likes it or hates?
I agree with the MTF..it is very busy. I hope that is not something I eventually come to hate! LOL

I personally love MFT however I work with and code for computers every day. If Ford just gave it a new skin/redesign keeping all the same functionality, I think that would go a long ways for positive perception around it (ie give it the Apple treatment to appeal to the uneducated masses). Consumer Reports places way too much emphasis on MFT.

Consumer Reports and Cars have never mixed! Think "best car for the money" vs. "Best Car". They are the antithesis of Car and Driver. They evaluate cars for people who either hate them, or just think of them as a means to get from point A to point B. In other words, basically useless information for anyone who actually likes cars. :D

I agree CR takes a different view of car evaluation. The car mags are much more " from the gut" whereas CR takes a more scientific and unbiased approach. Somewhere in between the two views is where I stand.
The wall street journal did call CR one of the most influential factors for the general publics opinion about cars. We will see what their final opinion is after they complete the testing. Would you call all of us the "typical " car buyers. I think not!

After viewing it a second time, I still feel he says a lot of nothing.
Sort of like Ford's ads...
Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to my new suv/cuv/car with an suv body...(hahaha), I'm just more of a bottom line person.

After viewing it a second time, I still feel he says a lot of nothing.
Sort of like Ford's ads...
Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to my new suv/cuv/car with an suv body...(hahaha), I'm just more of a bottom line person.

Ford's explorer ads--the MTV of car commercials. You see 2 second images and get no information. I think they are awful.

I think Ford should have Nelson beat up that Nathan James Toyota kid in their ad...

nelson-simpsons-bully.jpg

Back