• Register Today It's free!

Conversion Kit Blows

gasmussen

Reaction score
City, State
Boston MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
I recently had an Alpine CD deck put into my '93 xlt. Best Buy installed it and used conversion kit to hook it up to the factory amps. Now when I go over bumps in the road, the right front speaker will go on and off. I think that it is the deck to amp converter the is defective because all the speaker wires are tight. Does anyone have any advice?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, one suggestion.

Take it back to Best Buy and make them fix it. Don't pay for something if it doesnt work. If you need to, talk to the manager. That helps sometimes.

you should have them bypass the factory amp anyway.
your headunit will put out more power and sound better. the factory amps are plagued with distortion problems. with your aftermarket headunit, you can crank it a lot louder and get a much cleaner sound.

what leenjen is saying about being cleaner sounding, i will agree to... i bypassed mine and it sounds much better....also if they broke it cuasing a 3 channel situation they SHOULD HAVE TO fix it... FOR FREE

Originally posted by jimabena74
what leenjen is saying about being cleaner sounding, i will agree to... i bypassed mine and it sounds much better....also if they broke it cuasing a 3 channel situation they SHOULD HAVE TO fix it... FOR FREE

Hmm. i think i have this problem also w/ the driver side speaker going off when i hit bump and then comes back on when i turn up the volume. How do i bypass the factory amp? i think i got the connector also that connects to the factory plug.

it's just a simple wire harness that the plugs attach to, instead of the amp.

Back