Conversion Kit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Conversion Kit

Hello Everyone,

I just traded in my 98 Sport for an 06 Eddie Bauer and the 9007 Xentec kit I had is not compatible with the newer h13/9008 bulbs. I was looking around for a bi-xenon kit to replace the factory lighting so I would have HID again. I came across three possibilities: (1) Dual Beam [2 xenon archs], (2)Bi-Xenon [1 Xenon Arch and a hallogen bulb], and (3) Telescopic [Single xenon arch with a motorized tilt]. My old kit for the 9007 did away with the high beams, but this time around I would like to save that feature as to flash motorists as to go ahead when at stop signs and what not. I am wondering if anyone has tried either of the three I mentioned and if so, what are the advantages and disadvantages to each one. Also if anyone has some picutres of their set-up in an 06-08 with a kit, it would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks for all of your help,
James.

I have H4 Bi-xenons in one of my cars (non-explorer), and the bulb has a casing that when you flick high beam, the casing moves and changes the angle of the light, ie moving from a low to high beam. This is a true Bi-Xenon light. You may be able to get the same thing to suit a H13/9008 - check eBay; plenty of cheap kits on there, and they have been working great in my various cars over the last 18 months or so.

Back