Conversion Vans | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Conversion Vans

Menard

Reaction score
City, State
Winchester, KY
Ma first thread:D

I just recently bought a conversion van after looking around at several models.

This one is a Ford Econoline 150...argh...I keep forgetting the conversion package.

I looked at different models of conversion vans, and it's amazing how much better they look in photos than in person.:rolleyes:

This is the one I ended up with:
f150cvandr.jpg

I had driven an Econoline work van before buying this and, aside from the gas costs last summer, was kind of stuck on an Econoline. A trivial little factor I liked about the Econoline was that the spare is on the underbody leaving me room to put a bike mount on the back of the van.

I did consider some other models including this Dodge Ram with a Sherry conversion package:
sherryconv1s.jpg

Beautiful van it is. I tried to get that one, but it was snatched up before I could. The one thing I didn't like about it was the black roof, as it would just heat up the van too much in the summer.

I also looked at a GMC Vandura Rally. Strong engine on it and solid suspension, but goodness what rust and paint flaking on the body.

I thought it might be interesting, being that summer is essentially here, to start a discussion about conversion vans.

If anybody has any recommendations, experiences, or horrors they might like to share. Others may be considering getting a conversion van and could possibly use the input.

Welcome to this forum! A friend of mine once bought a similar model. It has plush seats, wood trim, high top, and possibly other stuff. The spark plugs are very hard to get out. I had a tough time, and ended up ripping some of the spark plug boots, but they all came out eventually. How many miles does it have?

It's a '92 model with 89,000 miles. Need to do a few minor things to it, but overall in pretty good shape.

Back