Convert 2010 explorer to camping suv | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Convert 2010 explorer to camping suv

JA Wright

Reaction score
City, State
Arlington, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Made mistake when trying to remove 2nd seat. Didn't put in correct position just started taking out bolts and nuts when seat was in normal position, now the 60 side is wapperjawed and not able to get seat out. The strut if that what it's called is stuck straight out and won't budge. The 60 side is 4 - 5" above the floor. My ultimate goal now is get the seat back to original position and remove only the 40 side. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wapperjawed... Now that's a new one one me :D

I wish I had some advice on getting it un-wapperjawed, but unfortunately I'm not familiar with that setup.

Thanks for letting me know.
J

It won't go out through the rear hatch?

Not the problem, it is not loose from the floor board yet. Can't get it undone to take out or back in line to attach it back to the floor. There is a strut or described as narrow pipe same color as the floor board plastic with a narrowed pipe (stainless steel) inside that is fully extended meaning length of both narrow and narrower pipe. When I was taking the bolts out suddenly the 60 side jerked hard to the right creating the wapperjawed seat. The above described pipes is not able to be compressed, so the seat is angled now 4" above the floor board. Not sure what is keeping either seat from coming out. I believe when it gets freed up it will come out the hatch.
Thanks.

I removed my seats this summer to clean the carpet.
I folded them down when still bolted and in the car, then undid all the nuts and bolts.

That's where I made the mistake, didn't know to fold the seat forward. The Explorer was my late husband's golf suv, I hadn't driven it for many years and forgot about the 3rd row, thus created the problem. Just started taken out the nuts and bolts in regular position. If I could get it back to original place, believe it would be no problem.
Thanks

Back