• Register Today It's free!

Convert EEC-IV to EEC-V

Foxracin

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mount Holly, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
I have a 91 Explorer manual trans I am looking at converting to EEC-V for ease of tuning. I am going to be supercharging it so need a way to tune it.

I am going to be using a computer and wiring harness from a 96 Explorer so it will not have pats. I found a manual trans computer for a 96 on ebay for a good deal so I will probably pick it up.

Anybody ever done this swap so I know what Im getting into? Is the dash wiring the same between both models or what will I have to do there?

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

OBD-II port?

Does the wiring harness include the OBD-II port connector?

I believe there are some minor sensor connection differences that require a wiring change. There was a post about them within the last year.

Do you have a 96 wiring diagram and a 91 wiring diagram? If you need a 96 wiring diagram PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you. Sorry, but I don't have one for the 91.

I havent got a wiring harness yet. I was going to go to the junkyard and pull that out of one my self to make sure I get everything I need including the obd-ii port.

A little wiring change is no biggie looking at see what all the differences are. I have a manual that has both the diagrams in it I believe but I will definitely take the diagram you have. My email address is FoxRcnInc@Yahoo.com Thanks.

If you find that thread you were talking about let me know.

Back