Converting to power driver seat in '04 XLS | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Converting to power driver seat in '04 XLS

J

jluv

I am replacing my driver's seat in the X, and the new one is power. It appears to just be power for forward and back. The tilt is still manual. To be honest, I have not taken a close look under the new seat to see what kind of connections are there, but I figured I would go ahead and see if anyone has done this. There are already two connections to the existing driver seat. Will this new one just be plug and play, or am I going to have to mess with the wiring? Is there a new connector/harness I need to purchase? I don't mine doing the wiring if need be.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Jared

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Everything should be there... You shouldn't require any additional wiring. But ya gotta look under there :) I'll get a pic of the connectors for you, and you can see if they are the same.

Trying to get this swapped out today. The plugs don't match up. Looks like I need another lead of wires from the truck, to a gray plug, to match up with the gray plug on the seat. Any advice would be appreciated.

what year X did you get your seats from? Are you sure there isnt another connector hidden under your carpet? On the Thunderbird/Cougar platform, ive found the passenger power wires underneath the carpet before.

what year X did you get your seats from? Are you sure there isnt another connector hidden under your carpet? On the Thunderbird/Cougar platform, ive found the passenger power wires underneath the carpet before.

I'm not 100% sure what year the donor vehicle was. I just know it was a 3rd gen. I don't think there's another connector. I've had this thing gutted a few times. I'm sure I will have a splicing job ahead of me, and I don't mind that. I just need to know what to splice.

Back