Convince Ford to offer 3rd row delete | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Convince Ford to offer 3rd row delete

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If they had the 10-way heated/cooled seats and the 3.5L Ecoboost on the Edge Sport I would probably be on a different forum right now ; -)

If they had the 10-way heated/cooled seats and the 3.5L Ecoboost on the Edge Sport I would probably be on a different forum right now ; -)

Flex Limited? ;) (if you can get past driving a box)

How about some clear instruction on how to remove the third row seating. Saw a post for 2011 but could not access the photos. I'd rather have a large empty space than seats I'll never use.

I agree.

I also miss being able to open the back window and not just the whole liftgate.

Maybe you guys should be looking at Cherokees, then. They don't have 3rd row.

Maybe you guys should be looking at Cherokees, then. They don't have 3rd row.

Ahh yes, the old "If you don't like it the way it is, get something else." mentality.

I have the edge sport and I love it, would just be nice to have a little more room in the back. I just have no need for a 3rd row seat. Would just be nice to have as an option for those who like me don't need the seat but would like the space.

Ahh yes, the old "If you don't like it the way it is, get something else." mentality.

If I remember correctly, the Grand Cherokee is better liked than the Explorer but is restricted to two rows. The 2014 model will be available with a diesel...

So, yes, "Get something else" is not the solution if you are a Ford-only guy. But if you don't want the third row, I'd be buying something with the ability to haul 5 sheets of plywood in back- the Explorer is about two inches(?) too narrow for sheet goods to lay flat. :-(

If I remember correctly, the Grand Cherokee is better liked than the Explorer but is restricted to two rows. The 2014 model will be available with a diesel...

NICE!!! Not a Ford guy, have no need for 3rd row, and as a VW clean TDI owner....this is great news!

I think the Cherokee they sell over here in Korea has a diesel engine. All of our work trucks here are diesel and they get great mileage. How much does diesel cost over in Michigan these days? We're paying $4.17 at the pump here on base.

Trent

Well I'm not the one asking for something that doesn't exist.

Most people (like myself) buy the Explorer over other SUV's for the 3rd row seating. I guess I don't get the reason why someone would complain about an Explorer having a 3rd row, when there's MULTIPLE alternatives out there.

That's like going to McDonald's and complaining that they don't serve Whoppers.

Most people (like myself) buy the Explorer over other SUV's for the 3rd row seating. I guess I don't get the reason why someone would complain about an Explorer having a 3rd row, when there's MULTIPLE alternatives out there.

I don't get what the problem is with asking Ford to add another option to the explorer. I understand that there are other SUVS without a 3rd row seat. I like the explorer, my ford touch, and would prefer to get an explorer if possible.

I don't get what the problem is with asking Ford to add another option to the explorer. I understand that there are other SUVS without a 3rd row seat. I like the explorer, my ford touch, and would prefer to get an explorer if possible.
then get one and keep the 3rd row folded or stick with your edge if you want 2 rows

I doubt "most" people do. My '97 didn't have a 3rd row and I purposely got my '03 without one but now the option to not have one isn't available. I have no need for the 3rd row but I do use the rear cargo area a lot. Why should an Explorer fan look elsewhere because of something that could easily be an option instead of standard?

I love having 3 rows, it gives me so many options. When I get the chance to be with family, I just load up all the kids and it is so much fun. When we travel its great, unload the luggage, then hit the power-fold button instant room in the back.....I LOVE THIS SUV......I wouldn't have bought a 13 Limited if it didn't have the 3 row access.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I love having 3 rows, it gives me so many options. When I get the chance to be with family, I just load up all the kids and it is so much fun. When we travel its great, unload the luggage, then hit the power-fold button instant room in the back.....I LOVE THIS SUV......I wouldn't have bought a 13 Limited if it didn't have the 3 row access.....

Same for us. Thev3rd row was why we bought the Explorer. My Wife already has a '07 Edge, and it does good with just she and I and the kids. The Explorer is going to be better on trips and with the dogs and when its more than just the 4 of us.

Back