NEWPORTNJ

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST EXPLORER
ST.
I spoke to my dealer today regarding the delivery of my new 2017 Platinum, which the window sticker says convoy. I thought that is was on a Trailer and he said that convoy means rail. Does anyone has a clarification on that ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Window stickers of both my Explorers indicated "Convoy" and both came the majority of the way by railcar before being transferred to a truck.

Peter

I also have 'convoy' on my window sticker but, the funny thing, the date [11/26/14] used makes it appear that my Ex was on the train before it was even built which was on 12/08/14.

The window sticker is preliminary information, and all attempts are made to be as accurate as possible. That said, the build date placed on it could have been originally planned as such, but parts delays/quality issues may have developed that delayed your build, as well as others on order before yours. My 17 Platinum window sticker showed a July 30 build, but it didn't actually get built until Aug 5.

My take in my last post was about the window sticker date being a date for loading on the 'convoy' but, the use or that date being referred to as being a 'build date' made it appear as if my Ex was being built on the train while being transported. Just looked funny that way, not true, just funny. :D

The actual date they use on the window sticker never does coincide with the actual build date in my experience having saved every window sticker from previous vehicles purchased going back a number of years. I do have the correct info on the build date of my Ex as I'm sure many here do. :salute:

The window sticker is preliminary information, and all attempts are made to be as accurate as possible. That said, the build date placed on it could have been originally planned as such, but parts delays/quality issues may have developed that delayed your build, as well as others on order before yours. My 17 Platinum window sticker showed a July 30 build, but it didn't actually get built until Aug 5.
My built day was 11/8/16 and it was built on that day. I thought it wouldn't since TRUMP WON...LOL LOL

My built day was 11/8/16 and it was built on that day. I thought it wouldn't since TRUMP WON...LOL LOL

I see, is your new build the new Ford Explorer TRUMP (in gold) Platinum? :thumbsup:

I see, is your new build the new Ford Explorer TRUMP (in gold) Platinum? :thumbsup:
Funny you say that. I opened a building in 2009 and the owner builders are TRUMPS friends and the lobby's ceiling is in GOLD leaf paint... in jersey city.

The date on the window sticker is the date the window sticker was created. Or so I've been told.

There are 2 date3s at the very bottom of the Window Sticker. The 'Build Date' which is on the right will look something like this, 1201606217449 (21 June 2016).
The other date at the bottom left is usually the date that you pulled up the 'Sticker'.

Peter

There are 2 date3s at the very bottom of the Window Sticker. The 'Build Date' which is on the right will look something like this, 1201606217449 (21 June 2016).
The other date at the bottom left is usually the date that you pulled up the 'Sticker'.

Peter
And the date just to the right of convoy after some codes is the window sticker creation date. Will look something like this 10 25 15.

Allow me to throw another wrench into this conversation. :D While I can see that second set of numbers as described on my internet window copy of my Ex, the original does not show that second number and also, this 'build date' is wrong for my Ex by 2 days. I have a copy of my build sheet which comes with the Ford maintenance manual I have and it shows the actual build date as 12/08/16. Along with that additional info shows the date the warranty started when I purchased the Ex, same day. Now, looking at the method of transportation on the current Explorer window sticker, it says 'convoy'. On previous window stickers that I have, all Ford, it says, 'rail'. So, convoy or rail, is their meaning one in the same as both may mean transportation by train? Probably. The Ex is built in Chicago and I don't really see them throwing them on a tractor/trailer for transport half way across the country to my berg. Rail transportation offers better protection as the rail cars are somewhat, enclosed so, I think the wording used was just changed with the same result.

Allow me to throw another wrench into this conversation. While I can see that second set of numbers as described on my internet window copy of my Ex, the original does not show that second number and also, this 'build date' is wrong for my Ex by 2 days.
My Window Sticker 'Build Date' as shown in post 10 was June 21, 2016. A check on ETIS shows June 23rd, 2 days later.

Peter

Back