• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Flounder

Owns 10,000 Marbles
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
'08 Sport Trac Adrenalin
Now I know how Ruth felt when he returned to Boston in '35. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

sean99

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Sunnyvale, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Limited 5.0
I can hardly keep ahead of dirts monthly post count, so heres a fluff post :)

sean99

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Sunnyvale, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Limited 5.0

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
Do you have the recipe for these? I usually make traditional wet ribs ("Sugar Ray's sauce"), but would love to try a dry, true Southern BBQ, rib recipe.

Hopefully Joe don't mind me posting this in his thread.

Time & patience, coupled with low heat, plus a dry spice rub is all it takes.

Take a full/half slab, (better yet, 4 full slabs), rinse clean, pat dry, use a generous amount of pork rub, (Mcormick sells a decent rub) cover the top of the rack only by rubbing it in by hand.* Let sit for at least 5 mins before cooking. I use a local brand rib rub, called Adams. I add some spices of my own, as I am in love with Hot & sweet together.

Get your grill Pre-heated to 200-225 degrees.**

Place the rack meat side up, bone side down, and leave alone. I use the top warming rack in the grill to keep the meat away from flames, flare ups, etc... If you don't have a top rack use the middle of your grill, and do not have heat under it. A smoker would work good for this, but an ordinary grill works just fine. Depending on how meaty your ribs are, anywhere from 2-3 hours is the cook time. You want the inside of the rack at 170-180 degrees. True KC style BBQ sauce (I use Curly's) on the side for dipping adds to the overall dish.***

*Tip to getting the rub on, is once you rub an area, don't touch it again. If it is too heavy and you try to move it, it will come off and it's hard to get it to stay again.

** If your grill has no thermometer, use a kitchen meat thermometer, place it in the grill to where when the lid is closed it will hold it in place, but not near flames. If you have a smoker vent, place it in the opening. Use tongs to remove it.

*** Deep fried corn on the cob, Lettuce drizzled with hot bacon grease for sides, might give the weak a heart attack, but oh baby, it's soooooo gooood :)

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
No problem! Post whatever works in here for cooking tips and recipes! :thumbsup:

Flounder

Owns 10,000 Marbles
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
'08 Sport Trac Adrenalin
So no oven precook? Interesting! Thanks for the recipe. I'll give it a try within a week or so. I can't promise pictures, however. :)

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
So no oven precook? Interesting! Thanks for the recipe. I'll give it a try within a week or so. I can't promise pictures, however. :)

demotivational_pics_pics_or_it_didnt_happen-84dc9470611a0eec44f6d5c459c6bdcf_h.jpg

:D

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
Ok guys, this is our last installment in the CWD series. From me anyway.

Last weekend, we had a nice pile of ingredients...

IMG_2186.jpg

First things first- homemade mac-n-cheese :)

Shred the entire stick (1 of them, 8 oz.), about 3 cups, it's just a sharp white cheddar.

IMG_2187.jpg

Also grate 3/4 of that slab of Gruyère cheese, about 2 cups. If you can't find it, you can use Romano (a little less, about 1 to 1-1/4 cups if it's Romano, but I like the Gruyère better)

Next, break up 3 slices of bread, and toss with some melted butter. I just melted the butter in the microwave.

IMG_2188.jpg

Next melt some butter (about 2 Tbsp) in a high-side pan and slowly stir in about 3 Tbsp of flour.

IMG_2190.jpg

Now, whisk in your milk (about 2-3/4 cup) slowly, so you're not all lumpy. Do NOT stop whisking this stuff.

IMG_2192.jpg

Once thickened, toss in the Cayenne pepper, fresh black pepper, and Nutmeg. All about 1/4 Tsp. Whisk in until mixed.

IMG_2196.jpg

Remove from the heat, and mix in about 3/4 of the Gruyère

IMG_2197.jpg

Mix in about 3/4 of the cheddar now

IMG_2198.jpg

Set aside the cheese sauce

Water is ready, toss in about 1/2 pound of elbow macaroni

IMG_2199.jpg

The macaroni is only in there a few minutes- until the outside is soft, inside is still undercooked.

When there (about 3-5 minutes) drain, and mix into your cheese sauce.

IMG_2200.jpg

Nice.

IMG_2201.jpg

Now, pour into a 2qt pan. I foil and spray for easy removal and cleanup.

IMG_2202.jpg

Top with the rest of the cheese and the breadcrumbs. (sorry, no breadcrumb pic, it wasn't PG)

IMG_2203.jpg

Toss in the oven at 375*F for about 1/2 hour.

Meanwhile... Fire up the grill.

Toss on your boneless porkchops. Mine are covered simply with lemon pepper.

IMG_2212.jpg

...continue grilling, and spray with butter from time to time- if you haven't tried this, do it- on steaks too. Incredible.

IMG_2222.jpg

Chops are done.

IMG_2223.jpg

Mac is done.

IMG_2224.jpg

Dinner, Done.

IMG_2230.jpg

sport97

Elite Procrastinator
Reaction score
City, State
connellsville pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 sport SOHC 4.0
OMG that mac looks heaven sent.

lynchy wa

Down Under Beer Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albany, Western Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT V8
Fantastic Joe, bloody fantastic mate. It seem's we have a few aspiring chef's/cook's here that I'm sure will try to maintain the integrity of this thread, but it's going to take alot to beat your "dinner is served face" amigo. That look's like top notch tucker brother.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
It was an awesome run... :)

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level
................ 96 XLT ™
NonStickMastHead.JPG

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
^ I love that stuff! ^

sean99

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Sunnyvale, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Limited 5.0

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
No, quite frankly- a few different things going on forum-wise have got me cutting my participation back.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Such is life... You stuck a disgusting, completely off topic photo in a random thread, the photo got deleted, and you have a problem with the forum?

Ok then...:dunno:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

sean99

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Sunnyvale, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Limited 5.0
Joe, we need your help with this issue...:)

Attachments

• fun meter.PNG
    fun meter.PNG
    153.6 KB · Views: 184