Coolant Leak. Front Engine Need Help. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Coolant Leak. Front Engine Need Help.

Cbjordan

Reaction score
City, State
Wichita KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ok I got a 1994 Explorer stock V6 201k on it. It's leeaking coolant from the FRONT Drivers side of the engine, and I don't mean drip drip. I mean Running leak, engine cold, pour fluid in, watch it dribble out Leak.
I checked the hoses all of them dry as a bone. Water pump appears to be in good shape. The 3 Freeze plugs on the Side of the Engine are dry. I can't find the source of the leak, but it looks like it's comming from behind the Power Steering and AC Compressor. Oil is Black, and it runs fine so I don't THINK it's a Head Gasket or head.
I know that there is a freeze pulg on the BACK of the head and from what I see Thank you Ford it's not that one. So, is there one on the Front of the Head, and front of the engine? If so Where?!? I can't shop it as I don't have the cash.

All I can tell you is what I would do..... Get somebody top pour while i crawled around with a flash light looking... It that failed I would pull accessories off the front of the engine until i could see where its coming from

could it be the intake gaskets? my lower intake gasket leaked

mine leaks in this area . the lower intake gasket needs to be replaced .the design flaw ford did left a overhang on the intake manifold and over time the weak spot will give way . mine leaks from that spot on the intake down onto the timeing chain cover going right behind the ps pump along the front on the block then by this time it has evaporated and if your lucky you maybe will see a drop or two on a hot day.

yours ...the gasket may have gave way much worse than mine and or the lower intake manifold got cracked somehow and your venting coolant that way ( i have heard of some here that replaced their's that had cracked) .

Back