• Register Today It's free!

Coolant Leak

aussie bruce

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Macquarie, Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Hello one & all. Hope you can help with a small water leak....and it really is a sneaky bugger. After "professional diagnosis" I replaced radiator, water pump, and all hoses. There are no obvious leaks, no coolant in oil, no oil in coolant, but I am losing about 2 litres every three days. There is no water ponding under the tail pipe, and no water left on the ground. Mates have suggested cracked head or head gasket failure. Does any one have any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

check the carpet on your passenger side floor...i have had heater cores leak and never even new it until i felt the carpet...i hope thats it cause it is a cheap, quick fix...:D

Thanks for the post tbars4. No water on carpet...guess its not that. Found crack in thermostat housing, and had it replaced. Just waiting to see if coolant loss continues

Thanks BrooklynBay. Pressurised system, and found small crack in thermostat housing. Replaced that and now waiting to see if coolant loss continues

Back