coolant resavoir | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

coolant resavoir

Reaction score
City, State
ewa beach HI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 ford explorer
how full is the coolant reservoir suppose to be.. i noticed a i noticed a little puddle of creamy white water under my car where the radiator is but the radiator is full but the reservoir is almost empty..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine is at the "Hot" mark when hot, and half way between hot and cold when cold. You should not have any puddles under the car.

Does you coolant level fall over time. Mine constantly fall but there are no leaks under my car... have no idea where the coolant is going...

No, the coolant level should not be dropping, even over time. At least not at the rate that you would notice over few days. Yes, the coolant evaporates slightly over time, but that loss is not significant, and maybe every few months you may need to add some.
When I was loosing coolant, it was from a cracked radiator and I saw it under the car, and then when a heater hose Y junction cracked, I was loosing it very slowly but noticeably, but I did not see anything under the car. I thought my head gasket was out, but then I found it on the right hand side of the engine compartment the line going to the rear heat was leaking.

Back