Cooled heated seat not working

Golum

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 limited
Hi all,

I have a 2017 limited Explorer and the passenger cooled / heated seat are not working. Both functions do not work. Everything is just fine on driver's seat.

Anyone can help?

Tks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I'm guessing you are still under warranty. Why not take it to the dealer? I see the same fuse controls both seats so you can eliminate that. Does the seat button on the dash light up?

Peter

Is it still under warranty? If so head to the dealer. If not then there is a program called Forscan that can read all the trouble codes and will allow you to reprogram different functions, like global windows up or down etc. Check fuse 74 passenger seat power ( I doubt this is bad). Fuse 72 is for both seat heat and cool option so if one is working then it must be good.

There are several connections under the seat that may have come loose you could check those also.

Fuses are ok. I checked the connections under the seat and everything seems ok.
The seat button on the dash works fine as well.
Any guesses?
Thanks.

Fuses are ok. I checked the connections under the seat and everything seems ok.
The seat button on the dash works fine as well.
Any guesses?
Thanks.
Why not take it to the dealer and have them check it out? Almost seems like a connection problem. You still haven't replied to the posts asking whether you are under warranty??

Peter

Why not take it to the dealer and have them check it out? Almost seems like a connection problem. You still haven't replied to the posts asking whether you are under warranty??

Peter

I did not buy it new, it's a preowned so I guess the warranty is gone.

Not totally true if it is under 36,000 miles it still has bumper to bumper warranty on it. I would drop by a dealer and talk to service I bet they will look at it under warranty.

As Mlarv5 mentioned, if you are under the 36k miles part of the 3 year/36K miles of the manufacturer's warranty you are still covered. The manufacturer's warranty remains with the vehicle including powertrain etc.

Peter

Hi all,

I have a 2017 limited Explorer and the passenger cooled / heated seat are not working. Both functions do not work. Everything is just fine on driver's seat.

Anyone can help?

Tks.

Was there ever a solution found for this? I also have a 2017 Ford Explorer Limited and neither the driver side AC or Heated settings work however the passenger side and 2nd row seats work fine. Fuse 72 has been checked and isn't blown. I've checked the connections under the driver seat and everything appears to be connected and no signs or a fried wire or connection. Any updates or ideas?

Our 2016 Limited had the same problem, and there is a hose that gets crimped. It was fixed once, and it happened again. The 2016 Sport, the cooled seats never worked, but the heated seats are far better than in the Limited. With Ford Explorers, not all cars are created equal. The seats in the Limited don't go back as far as in the Sport, and the dealer checked when they were both new. Seems that the Limited has different seat tracks than the Sport. Makes no sense to me, but that is the way that they are built.

Was there ever a solution found for this?...........................................................................
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
As for the member you quoted, that was the last post made. Hasn't been active since November 23, 2018.
Seeing as it appears that the fuse is for both seats, it could be a wiring/connection issue.

Peter

Was there ever a solution found for this? I also have a 2017 Ford Explorer Limited and neither the driver side AC or Heated settings work however the passenger side and 2nd row seats work fine. Fuse 72 has been checked and isn't blown. I've checked the connections under the driver seat and everything appears to be connected and no signs or a fried wire or connection. Any updates or ideas?
I wish I could help you. I joined this forum today for a very similar issue. The driver side heated seat on my 2017 Explorer XLT stopped working, while the passenger side works perfectly. The dash lights indicate the system is activated. There is a module under the drivers seat and most likely one of the pins may be faulty. The repair is a PITA as you have to remove the bolts in the seat to tilt it back. The module sits under a protective cover. You can unplug the larger module, 16 pin and inspect to see it there was a short in one or more. If there is a short, you can buy a relpacement module but you would have to cut and splice each and every one of the 16

^^Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Back