• Register Today It's free!

cooling system flush

damnford

Reaction score
City, State
pine city washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 explorer eddibouere
my 91 explorer has been sitting for 5 yrs. when i get it running i plane on two cans of seafoam, one in the fuel system and one in the oil, then i bought some liquid plumber from dollar tree and i don't know the state of the cooling system other than i don't have enough coolant in it i was going to drain the coolant that is in there, pour the liquid plumber, and put some water in and circulate it without the thermostat then drain it and flush it. the stuff i got said safe for pipes including plastic pipes and the ingredients are the same as radiator flush just in a bigger bottle and it is only a dollar. i plan on flushing with water afterward and installing a new thermostat what do you think of those apples. it will be a while until i get it running so all this will happen in the spring. then i will get new tires etc.should i go synthetic on the oil or leave it dino blood?

Dont put household drain cleaner in your cars cooling system. Use the proper stuff from an auto parts store if your going to use a chemical to flush your cooling system if needed.

Back