cooper, Kumho, Maxxis , what one to get | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

cooper, Kumho, Maxxis , what one to get

(all in a 32x11.50 15)
what have you heard ? out of the 3 what one would you get ?

cooper Discoverer STT 115.00$ea.

sttnew.jpg

Kumho Road Venture MT Tires 113.00$ea.

ttt-5420.jpg

Maxxis Buckshot Mudder 115.00$ea.

ecommerce_thumbnail.aspx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMO the cooper, alot depends on what the truck is used for however.

ya ! them cooper's are bad look'n ! and some small back road things , boat ramps, and highway....

well I chose the cooper mainly because I have had many sets of Cooper tires and never dissapointed, especially for the price.
They are siped fromt eh factroy which will increase traction on just about everything and also increase the life of the tire. Also they have side lugs which will also aid in traction in deep dirt/snow/sand and in corners.

where did you find those coopers for 115?

I have no experience with anything other than the Maxxis. We have the Maxxis Buckshot Mudders on my dad's 1500 Chevy. He's put about 10k miles on the tires and honestly, we don't see a single sign of wear yet. :eek: He hasn't really "wheeled" them, mainly just on our property (dirt and some small hill climbs) and he's done fine with them. From what I've heard though, any of them are good tires. :)

My Dick cepek FCII's, 33x12.5x15 were $120 ea, mounted, static balanced, new air stems (no disposal, I took the old ones with me). Something to consider :) Best tire I have ever owned on and off road. I never paid over $100 a tire for 33" coopers, or remington's, or Coursers. I shop around ALOT before I buy tires (big wad of $$$ to spend) and make places price match each other till I get rock bottom.

slravene said:

Ruddy's 66 in Adrian MO. ! lol....and thats mounted and balanced :thumbsup:

man i wish i lived where i could get tires that cheap...no mom and pop stations around here ;) 410 i need more info on this lol

That Cooper looks like a great tire. Is it a radial? You might want to check that if your on road most of the time.

The cooper site lists 2 stt tires, one of them is the radial version & looks different.

This one might be the new version though...

Attachments

• discovererSTT2.jpg
    discovererSTT2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 5,554
  • discovererSTTradial.jpg
    discovererSTTradial.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 6,186

ahhhh ! thanks man ! annn. it still looks good though...

I just found a review of them in 4 wheeler & they are the new radial version. They said it was a good all round tire, but not the best for rock climbing because its not a super soft compound. They said that it looks like it will last a bunch of miles & was good on the street.

now i just wish i could find a set for cheaper than 160

CG said:
I just found a review of them in 4 wheeler & they are the new radial version. They said it was a good all round tire, but not the best for rock climbing because its not a super soft compound. They said that it looks like it will last a bunch of miles & was good on the street.

that sounds good , im going back up there and ask what ones they are , they have pics of the tires in the book...

CG said:
That Cooper looks like a great tire. Is it a radial? You might want to check that if your on road most of the time.

The cooper site lists 2 stt tires, one of them is the radial version & looks different.

This one might be the new version though...
Actually they are both radials... i have no idea why it lists one version as a radial on the site. Basically there is the new STT and the old STT and as far as i know both styles are still available. Its pretty easy to tell which is which from the pics. ;) The new one has 3 cord plys and is one tough SOB. A few of the guys at work have them and like them so far.

I have also had good luck out of the Maxxis.

tires that are great rock crawler tires usually wear out really quick on the street, so you diecide. IMO if you buy rock tires you should be driving mostly on rocks with them :)

ive put a little over 20k miles on my Kumhos, i still have atleast 70% tread left.

I got that extact tire (32x11.50) for $90 a peice at discount tire.

They DIG in the freggin mud, $113 is high for those Venture MTS. They are a very quiet MT on the road. Smoother/quieter compared to the Brigstone Duelers and BFG MT's. Definatly worth the $113 IMO though

the Cooper/Futura tires are pretty good. The Futura's are made by cooper, and usually they are cheaper. Pep boys carries them.

I'd go with the Kumho, after +20k miles they havent started chopping yet, like all mud terrians will do. No vibrations... smooth.

slravene said:

You can find all three of those tires for less then a hundred bucks if you look around.

Futura Enforcer M/T, same company as Cooper, should be cheaper then all three those tires.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have yet to be able to find the new coopers for under 140 per tire....if you can find them for 115 i will applaud you ;)

Back