Correct Radiator Size for 2001 Explorer Sport 4.0? 1" or 2"? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Correct Radiator Size for 2001 Explorer Sport 4.0? 1" or 2"?

Mr. Alligator

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT Explorer
@RickOTR…. How many miles do you have on your truck? I would like to know the story, as your profile signature indicates you have well over 600,000 miles.

Wow.

donalds

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 ford explorer sohc
@RickOTR…. How many miles do you have on your truck? I would like to know the story, as your profile signature indicates you have well over 600,000 miles.

Wow.
I'm interested to

jim-bobs-rant

Reaction score
City, State
Barstow, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer Sport
Bert,

Can you tell from the information how many rows each radiator has? The one inch radiators might have one row, while the two inch radiators may have two rows. The more rows would have more cooling capacity.

Just a thought. Good luck.

Mr. Alligator
1997 Ford Explorer
My 2001 Explorer Sport 2-door 4wd has one core and 2" top and bottom channels, all about mounting, both 1" and 2" work they say.