Cost for Tune-Up?

d0nk3x

Reaction score
City, State
Los Gatos, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
Hey everyone,

I have a 97 Limited and the CEL came on to show P0304, misfire in cylinder 4. I had Pep boys run a diagnostic and they said i needed a tune up and fuel system cleaning?/tune up. he said the problem was the ignition coil and that the tune up gets new wires spark plugs and coils. he first said it would all come out to be 900 and ~600ish for the tune up alone. Now if it's just the coils, do you guys think it should cost that much to replace? And is it impossible to do myself?

Thanks for the help!

im about to do a full tune-up on mine like sparkplugs-wires-fuel filter- air filter - new oil/oil filter change - new trans fluid change - running c-foam through and mriacle oil through to clean oil and gas lines/etc and its going to cost me like around $150-$200 but im doing it all myself.

im about to do a full tune-up on mine like sparkplugs-wires-fuel filter- air filter - new oil/oil filter change - new trans fluid change - running c-foam through and mriacle oil through to clean oil and gas lines/etc and its going to cost me like around $150-$200 but im doing it all myself.

where can i find instructions on how to do it? or do i have to get a manual. is it difficult persay?

If it's a V8 it's the easiest. I wouldn't pay them that much for what they're going to do. Anytime someone runs codes and says "you need a fuel system cleaning" they're just trying to get your money. Did they tell you what codes you had? Post them up here and we can help...

Back