Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pinole, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F250/XLT Superduty
Callsign
KG6MAX
Good god, I just priced out front brake rotors for the VFR.

Over $525 for a decent set (that's for 2 rotors).

Even more if it's factory.

Yikes! :eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is high, new rotors for my car(oem) are about 400 a pair. Big brake kits can go into the 6500 range

Good lord, I just found another part that is insane - the brake rotor bolts are supposed to be replaced anytime you loosen them.

$2.50 is the web price, and there are 6 per rotor needed.

I haven't priced parts for a VFR but when I buy parts for our Kawasakis, I found a big difference in prices between stores (web or brick/mortar)..

for Kawasaki parts, RonAyers (sp?) is where I buy mine front and get decent prices.. If you haven't already done so, check out VFR mailing lists and forums to find who has good prices (or at least sponsors a site/list so you can send the money to a company that deserves it)

~Mark

I never priced sportbike rotors, but i do know to go with aftermarket pads rather than Honda/Kawa/whatever. A set of pads for a CBR were twice as high from Honda than the better stuff from EBC.

I dont understand how they can charge that much for a rotor... its a piece of .25" plate. :p:

I dont understand how they can charge that much for a rotor... its a piece of .25" plate. :p:

Its the special shape. Its much cheaper to buy a rectangle. :p: :D

I blew my GSX's rear shock, $950 for the part plus install and tax.

So I asked if there was any else I could do, They sold me a used honda shock for $10. That was a no brainer.

I bought an older bike and the parts for that are nuts. I guess since they're not as available, they can raise the price. 84 Honda vf700s SabreV45.

Now, the voltage regulator/rectifier died..

$154 for that hunk of metal.

Sheez.

:confused:

I some times wonder..

Now, the voltage regulator/rectifier died..

$154 for that hunk of metal.

Sheez.

:confused:

you could always do what my Dad did after the altenator died on his CB500 Turbo. He took a Mazda Miata battery mounted on the tail section and wired it to the original battery. Look ghetto i know but it worked only had to recharge it about once every 2 weeks. he drove it for 4 years like that before he wrecked it and sold it.:)

I bought an older bike and the parts for that are nuts. I guess since they're not as available, they can raise the price. 84 Honda vf700s SabreV45.

I had a 84 Honda Magna v30 and everything for that was a pretty penny, priced the clutch at like $1100 to replace the whole thing.

Isn't that crazy! I have an '82 CB650 and the price for the parts are ridiculous.

holy 5 year bump...

Like the ATV market, there's definitely a "motorcycle tax" on part prices. When I can get four tires for the ST--good ones, Michelin, BFG, whatever--mounted for less than four tires for the Rzr, something's wrong.

Holy 5 year bump indeed! :D

The old shovel bits are a good price. The new fatboy, now thats a different bloody story!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back