Cost to install Btf spacers (front only) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cost to install Btf spacers (front only)

03explorer90

Reaction score
City, State
Burlington, North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer EB
So I have a 03 explorer and received my Btf spacers on Saturday. I called a shop who has lifted things for me before, mostly gm and torsion key stuff. Anywho, they quoted me 300+ for install and alignment. To me that seemed way high, just curious to know what everyone payed if they had it done somewhere and what price I should be looking at? Thanks for the input

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That seems reasonable IMO. I paid a guy who worked at a dealership $300 to install mine + spacers all around and afterwards he said if he had known how much of a pain in the ass it would be he wouldn't have done it at all. It also took him like 3 or 4 more hours than he anticipated.

I agree. If I could do it all over again, and someone only charged me 300 dollars including alignment. Id take it. Mine turned out to be a pain in the butt. One of my lower bolts on the control arm that go through the strut got stuck in place, broke a breaker bar (how Ironic) trying to get it out. I ended up cutting the old strut out, removing the lower control arm and had to torch it out.

I would have rather paid the 300.

Local shop will charge me $250 to have both the spacers and new UCA's installed, along with an alignment. After hearing stories like yours Rckslick, any confidence I had in doing them myself has disappeared.

Well tomorrow is the big day. Found a local shop to do my front spacers and alignment for 220 then found a used set of goodyear wrangler ats in 265/70r17 for 100 and that's installed, local tire shop had them. I'll try to get some before and afters so yall can see the difference

Can I see some pictures of the completed X? I am considering doing the BTF spacers but am a bit undecided.

Thanks

So I didn't snap any before I got the tires after the lift with stocks so all I have is before them after lift with 265/70. Hopefully they will show up correctly

Can anyone tell me how to post from photobucket and which icon to use on this board to post the url for the image. Thanks

[MENTION=284225]mopar_4life[/MENTION] I went with a 2" spacer. I know it's not much difference than the 2.25 but I figured every lil bit would help. I am very pleased. I will try to get some better pictures soon. A 1.75" would basically be level or barely front higher

Back