• Register Today It's free!

Could use some parts...

gemrox888

Reaction score
City, State
Orange County, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Eddie Bauer
So I was out jumping my explorer the other day... and now my ex is sitting about 1 1/2" lower in the front. After a closer look I realized I bent my lower control arms and it looks like I may have fatigued my torsion bars. I'm waiting for Camburg's long travel kit to be completed before I replace my front end but in the mean time it's really difficult driving around with my wheels pigeon-toed out and my camber looking like a j-arm prerunner from the 909. If anyone has an extra set of lower control arms or torsion bars (or both) I would be extremely grateful if you could set me up. Or even if someone could point me in the direction of someone who does have some. I would go to the junkyard, but the majority of lower control arms are damaged from front-end collisions and roll-overs (go figure). On a side note, would someone please tell me how to post pics? Thanks,
Justin

post pictures

To post pictures I have figured out three options.

1 - Pay for full membership and hen you can upload to this site.
2- go to a picture host site like www.photobucket.com and upload your pictures there,,, convert to HTML code ( site does it for you ) and copy the code for thumbnails and paste it in a post here.
3 - upload you pictures to www.kodak.com or any other site that you can store heaps of pictures and then paste a LINK to the pictures at that site.

There may be more or easier ways but hey its what I know so far..

the way i upload pics is putting them on cardomain.com and then getting the url to the pic and putting in thumbnail, pretty easy. most likely you did fatigue the t bars because the same thing happened to me too after takin my x to the desert for the first time. i ended up just doing a 1 inch torsion twist to make it level again and have had no problems after taking it to the desert since. i think your best bet for now is to either find some lowers in a junk yard or on this site for really cheap. plate them. box them, then throw them on the truck so you can still have fun going to the desert till camburg comes out with the LT

Back