couple of 44 ?'s here also.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

couple of 44 ?'s here also....

Well today i went on a mission. I was seeking out 78-79 bronc radius brackets.

I went back to the guy that i bought my axles from. He had a 78 frame that still had the mounts attached.

First off the brackets are aftermarket from 4" lift. The bronc had a frontal assault with a tree which in turn kinda tweaked one of them. I think it could be tweaked back into shape pretty easy.

Would that be to much drop on the arms?

How much coil spring would i need to make it right with these 78-79 4" drop brackets?

Should i get them or hold out for stock brackets?

I'm still loooking and there's still a posibility one of his buddys has a bronc he's parting out. So maybe i can still get the stock brackets.

This is going into my 94 ranger. I'm keeping the stock coil buckets. The 44, and arms are from a 66-77.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

NIGHTRANGER5.0,
How r u doing ?
I would hold off for another stock set. I used the 79 versions on my Navajo. They not only work well but they have a location for a cross member to be attached. I used 79 radius arms but am going to change over to the Duff Early Bronco longer/bent set.

Also, one bolt hole in the fram of the Exploere/Navajo's fits one of the holes in the 79 radius arm brackets; it makes alignment easier.

Good Luck,

Do you know if the 78 bracket is different then the 79?

yeah..id say hold out for the stock ones..my drop brackets are a tish too long for my (and kampy's) liking....it eats up ground clearance.....

I am not sure about the differances between the 78 and 79. My guess, there is no differance. I would think they were disigned in 78 for the bigger Bronco and the plans for teh new independant front ends had to be in the works by then, so why change for one year. Did you see the pics on another post in 'Conversions' they show the 79s and a nice cross member setup.

They seem to work OK for me, so far, but I am not as far along as some here so I won't know if they really work until I have the setup aligned. Time will tell but it looks good.

I'm headed saturday to get my d44 axle from a 79 Bronco (includes everything, radius arms and frame mounts). There's another 79 bronco there - with the stock frame mounts.

Nightranger5.0 - where you located at? I can either get these brackets, and ship them to you, or tell you where this truck is at.

Let me know!

You know living in the rust belt i shouldn't have a problem finding brackets. I'm going to look around more this weekend.

I live in Michigan. If they're straight i just might be interested. Find out how much they want for them.

E-mail: nightranger50@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Back