• Register Today It's free!

couple questions??

id92

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
92' Explorer EB
I have this noise (squeak squeak) come from the front driverside tire, it comes on when i coast to a stop or accellerate slowly, yet it goes away once i put the brake on or accell quickly. any suggestions on what it is? bearing?
Secondly, anyone with a pop-up sunroof have any leaks in it? any solutions?

thanks,
nick

Hey Rick,

That squeak squeak could be as simple as worn out brake pads. Most of the front pads made have a squeeler installed on them, so it alerts the driver when they need replacing. Just pop the wheel off and have a look at how much brake lining you have left.

Hope this is all it is.

Probably a rubbing brakepad - check your calliper's piston is not stuck and also that the calliper can slide freely. Some Copperslip applied the the anti-squeal shim on the back of the pad might help too.

Don't have a pop-up sunroof, mine's a sliding one. I don't know whether you can get Waxoil in the USA - but if you can then a smear of this around the seal should fix a small leak. Works great for door seals too. Water just hates this stuff and won't go anywhere near it, Moses could have parted the Red Sea with it...

Chris

Back