Cowl Induction Hood for Explorer | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Cowl Induction Hood for Explorer

I know a lot of people had talked about cowl indutcion hoods for the explorer. I found a site that sells them for 91-94 explorer's. They don't have any pictures (would be nice) though. Has anyone heard of them before?????

http://www.up22.com/ranger.htm

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Brandon4AU

Wannabe "Elite Explorer"<br>sXc Member
Reaction score
City, State
Montgomery/Auburn, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
This is the one for the 93-97 ranger....I believe from reading the column that it is supposed to fit the 95-97 Explorer's as well.
fr-393.jpg

Hartman

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 5.0
A Ranger hood might fit, but you'd probably need to do some trimming and figure out a way to mount it since the hinge system is different.

GaSouthern1

Elite LS2 -
Reaction score
City, State
Duluth, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 GTO
how about someone order it and take one for the team. It is ONLY a few hundred bucks haha. That is awesome if it is real with the fit and all, i sure would be interested.

X-1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
native Floridian
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 sport
My brother in law put one on his ex and it sucks. Totally unfinished, and doesn't fit right. Plus he can't open his hood with out first removing a wiper blade:rolleyes: The back off the scoop hits the wiper arm.

bigpimpin

Reaction score
City, State
Evansville, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
i've seen them b4....the ranger ones seem to b the same ones...i don't remember what years will fit what years of explorers but just check out up22.com and someother sites....it shouldn't b that bad...the 92 x in minitruckin has one on it

ExplorGM

Reaction score
City, State
AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer Expedition
X-1

What year was your brother in law's Explorer and whom did he get the hood from?
Thanks!

huskyfan23

Rah no Hans Bwix
Reaction score
City, State
WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT 4x4
Cowl Induction hoods are the new big thing it seems. I'd get one but I would want to custom the hinges and put them in the front so it opens like a Viper or Corvette hood, now that would be sexxxy!

njsjfonline

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
garfield,nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
front tilting hood

i would like to see a front tilting hood like a on a big rig

dragonryan

Reaction score
City, State
San Rafael, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT 4door
www.carhoods.com

They have some for the Ranger - I seem to remember seeing stuff for exs there before, although I can't find them now.

I just checked the Up22 site....the parts for the Ranger are the same part #s for the explorer.

The Carhoods site has a much better selection of hoods overall, but only 3 different ones for the Ranger/Ex! ;)