Cowl Induction Hood for Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cowl Induction Hood for Explorer

I know a lot of people had talked about cowl indutcion hoods for the explorer. I found a site that sells them for 91-94 explorer's. They don't have any pictures (would be nice) though. Has anyone heard of them before?????

http://www.up22.com/ranger.htm

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is the one for the 93-97 ranger....I believe from reading the column that it is supposed to fit the 95-97 Explorer's as well.
fr-393.jpg

A Ranger hood might fit, but you'd probably need to do some trimming and figure out a way to mount it since the hinge system is different.

how about someone order it and take one for the team. It is ONLY a few hundred bucks haha. That is awesome if it is real with the fit and all, i sure would be interested.

My brother in law put one on his ex and it sucks. Totally unfinished, and doesn't fit right. Plus he can't open his hood with out first removing a wiper blade:rolleyes: The back off the scoop hits the wiper arm.

i've seen them b4....the ranger ones seem to b the same ones...i don't remember what years will fit what years of explorers but just check out up22.com and someother sites....it shouldn't b that bad...the 92 x in minitruckin has one on it

X-1

What year was your brother in law's Explorer and whom did he get the hood from?
Thanks!

Cowl Induction hoods are the new big thing it seems. I'd get one but I would want to custom the hinges and put them in the front so it opens like a Viper or Corvette hood, now that would be sexxxy!

front tilting hood

i would like to see a front tilting hood like a on a big rig

www.carhoods.com

They have some for the Ranger - I seem to remember seeing stuff for exs there before, although I can't find them now.

I just checked the Up22 site....the parts for the Ranger are the same part #s for the explorer.

The Carhoods site has a much better selection of hoods overall, but only 3 different ones for the Ranger/Ex! ;)

Back