Coxey truck trail/Big bear new years day | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Coxey truck trail/Big bear new years day

konoug2

Reaction score
City, State
Bend, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 exploder xlt
If anyone is interested I will be doing the coxey truck trail from apple valley to big bear on new years day. It is about 25 miles of an easy family trail but does get fun once you get up into the snow. My wife and kid will be riding along too so if anyone wants to have a fun family day let me know. After I know who is coming i will post a meeting time and place tomorrow evening.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..Are you sure it will be open with it snowing like it is?

..I would love to go but I'm stuck working..:(

It will be open, I was up on it last year during one of the bad storms and we were cutting fresh tracks in and 2ft of new snow. Plus theres no gates along that trail and tbere are ranches out in the hills :)

..Any pictures to share?

I ended up not going because everyone backed out so I am trying to plan a day to do it later in the month. Right now I am looking at either the 13th or 20th. If one day works better for anyone than the other and we can make something happen.

Alot of people that would end up on the big bear run are hitting TH on the 20th

Back