Cozmik's 'Stormy' Registry | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cozmik's 'Stormy' Registry

After purchasing my Explorer in January and discovering this forum I know more about my Ex than any other vehicle I've ever owned. The members of this community have taught me an incredible amount about the potential of our trucks and saved me countless dollars on repairs and modifications. With my Ex being a work in progress and much more work to be done I figured it was time to buy into the Elite Membership as a token of my appreciation and thanks for the continued support and information available at ExplorerForum. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Congrats on stepping up to the "Elite" crowd..:salute:

...Now add some pics to your first post of your X...:thumbsup:

congrads on being elite

The Ex...

Here are a couple of shots of my 'work in progress'...

Not sure what happened to my pics in the last post... oh well, there will be more.

So I finally removed my head from my butt and quit trying to get rid of my 32" Dick Cepek Mud Country's. They are now comfortably sitting on my EB, looking awesome and waiting for some RB spacers to join them. Pics will follow when A: its not dark, and B: its stops snowing.

Don't know why I was so back and forth on putting these on the new truck!!! :confused:

Some new pics...

(lost photos)

I took a couple of pics this morning with the DC's on the truck. Let me know what you guys think.

The day I picked her up.

After rims and tires. Thanks again for the wheels Donner!!!

Fixed...first time using Photobucket. :confused:

Added a stock comparison pic to the above post.

Some more pics...

(lost photos)

Her XLT and my EB.

The old 98 Sport on the XLT's old rims/tires.

Looks Great Sean!
Nice choice in tires ;)
I probably should have mounted mine white letters IN like you did, as I'm pretty rough on them.
Let me know when you're ready to lift her up. :D

Cheers

Ben

I had them white letters out on the Sport. I like them better this way.

Just trying to figure out now how high I want to go. :D

Thinking 2.5/2 but I'm not sure. How did you come up with 3/2.5 max recommendation? The only thing that concerns me is my CV's. And that's because on the Gen 2's it was emphasized no more than 2" TT due to CV binding/ pre-mature failure. I don't want to break anything.

I had them white letters out on the Sport. I like them better this way.

Just trying to figure out now how high I want to go. :D

Thinking 2.5/2 but I'm not sure. How did you come up with 3/2.5 max recommendation? The only thing that concerns me is my CV's. And that's because on the Gen 2's it was emphasized no more than 2" TT due to CV binding/ pre-mature failure. I don't want to break anything.

The angle of the cv's didn't really bother me, they aren't that bad, the reason for the max 2.5" recommendation is due to the hoop in the frame.
I have one customer with 3" spacers installed on the rear, only drawback is that at full extension, ie... on a lift, the axle rests on the frame.
That's why I decided to recommend 2.5 as the tallest for the rear. :thumbsup:

So with a 2.5/2 combo I should be good to go. Sweet. I don't need the full 3" or a BL cuz I don't intend on trying to keep up with you and Chris!!;)

You guys are doing awesome work with your rigs and I look forward to seeing the end results. ( Although I think we all know there is NO real end!! :D )

Do you have pics of where you mounted your CB? I have yet to pull mine out of the Sport as I don't where to put it in the EB.

Picture025.jpg

I'm 6'4" and it isn't in the way for my knees, I do sometimes brush it when first getting in, but it's good for while you're already in the truck.

For sure there's no limit, I just priced out my 12" travel king shocks, and am working on the drop brackets to lift her up another 5" or so ;)

You are a wild and crazy guy!! ;) Can't wait to see pics as the build continues... and thanks for the CB pic.

Not a worry. :thumbsup: Glad to help.

I'll keep ya updated with pics.
My 2000lb hinge is on its way as well as my latch for my rear bumper and tire carrier as well. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice Coz! Those pics are great! Rim/Tire combo is very nice!

RB, you'll end up moving the cb. Your knees will thank you :)

Back