Cracked bolt hole---water pump area | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cracked bolt hole---water pump area

uhhhh

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer
Hello from the new guy. I’m helping a friend fix a coolant leak in his 94 Explorer, night mare from day one. Finding the leak was harder than (insert yours here), couldn’t find it so we replaced the thermo, still leaking, replaced water pump, had to tap two holes, seal didn’t hold, took off, replaced with RTV, still leaking, took to the pro to tell us that its leaking from the radiator and the water pump (wanted a lot of $ so I’m fixing it with a clear view). Took the radiator off, took the water pump off, BAM! There is the new leak (orig. leak came from a hose in an odd location unable to see at first) the top bolt hole on the water pump is cracked and now all the way off due to it. It isn’t into the motor, just nothing to sink that bolt into now… HELP!!!! What should I do other than pay for a weld or is that the only fix? :mad:

Update, I did some thinking and was looking at the front end and the lights went on!!! Just replace the whole timing chain cover and the problem is solved!!!

Back