Cracked windshield before I take delivery??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cracked windshield before I take delivery???

Finch

Reaction score
City, State
Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited loaded
So my white limited ex is just getting the dealer prep done and shesnall mine tomorrow!!

Then I get an email from my salesmen saying my winshield is cracked! I will try and post a pic...

It looks like it was a cracked right from the factory as there is no I diction of a rock chip... So now I have to wait 2 weeks forma replacement... My question is: what should I ask for as compensation from ford for not catching a huge blunder??? All weather mats? Lol

Anybody else have this? The crack is just above the drivers side...

How do we attach pics? Or do we have to be an elite?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just to note, I got the dealer to compensate two things and the Ford Customer people to apply a special maintenance plan on mine. Although, I had A LOT of problems so they did all that for my family. Ford will take care of you, don't worry.

You have to be elite to attach, but if you upload it to something like photobucket, you can link to it and show the pix.

Reminds me of an oops I did when I was a kid- we were picking up our new '82 Thunderbird, and pulled the antenna down by the fender to see how far it would shoot back. Went a ways- into the windshield, cracking it. Pretty cool. :D

Of course (this is a test for you Detroit people) we bought it from the B-lot, so there was no compensation.

That was the same Thunderbird that I put a Jart through the roof of, about 3 months later... That was *****in' though... lol!

Update

So my dealer is pretty sheepish and says he will throw in the mats at least. Is there another dealer accessory I should ask for? Not much available for the explorer yet.. Maybe a 3m bra. Lol.

So my dealer is pretty sheepish and says he will throw in the mats at least. Is there another dealer accessory I should ask for? Not much available for the explorer yet.. Maybe a 3m bra. Lol.

Splash guards. I'm paying for them as I live on a dirt road, but there have been some posts about how they are a must have to protect the paint.

Yea I am getting him to throw them on, just paying install..
Also getting cargo net and bumper protector. Lol

So the dealer came clean and said they think the new guy on the washbay may have cracked my windshield. :mad:

They weren't happy as was I, they are making it right and giving me my accessories free. Mud flaps( installed) all weather mats, bumper guard, cargo net. And a bunch of "we're so sorry" 's

It didn't sour me too much after I got my truck n the road, sweet ride.

Niiice. You got about 5 accessories there! What's the cargo net like for the new X? I have an old from my 95 Ex and I plan on using it. Although the little things don't fit on to the hooks.

They had to order the cargo net and the bumper guard. I will let u know

Back