Cragar 342 Rim Size on 98 XLT | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Cragar 342 Rim Size on 98 XLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

brukshut

Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 4.0 V6
Greetings all,

I'm looking to buy new rims/tires for my 98 XLT 4X4. Been scoping the Cragar 342s, black with the red stripe. Look like a good deal for the money and very classy...looking to pair these with BFG ATs or a pair of Mickey Thompsons.

I've got Bilstein Super Heavy Duty shocks and Hellwig leaf spring helpers -- this has added perhaps an inch to the truck in the front and back. I'm not looking to raise the truck any more -- just want a pair of nice looking, all-black rims for the new tires.

Having hard time finding Cragars in this size.

1.) Can someone assist and suggest whether I should buy 15x7 or 15x8? Will 15x8 stick out farther or reduce backspacing? Do I need spacers?

2.) Does Cragar make 5.x45 bolt pattern, etc? In other words, is this do-able at all, I've seen other folks with Cragar 342s, but everytime I try to spec these online I can't find bolt pattern.

3.) Can anyone recommend a place to purchase them? Online?

I'm a bit of a newbie -- thanks in advance, great site.

FYI Here is stock OEM wheel size:

Bolt Pattern: 5 x 114.3mm (4.5 inches)
Offest: MID
Lug: 1/2"
OE Tire Size: 235/75-15
Hub: 70.5

brukshut

Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 4.0 V6
They make 15x7, 15x8, and 16x7...in 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern.

Anyone run the 15x8? Or the 16x7? Leaning towards the 15x8. Is there anything I need to know regarding backspacing, spacers, etc. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.