• Register Today It's free!

cragar soft 8's

KevinZwick

Reaction score
City, State
southeast Mississippi
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLS
Would cragar soft 8's look good on an 03 4dr. It's more of a street truck than off road. Thinking about lowering. or if anyone has pics of these wheels with stock tire size i would love to see. I am desperate for black 16" wheels.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3369682

sorry no pics. havent figured out how to put them on here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you buy them...

the bolt pattern is ( 5 x 4.5 ) i believe...

they look great with the chrome caps ! im gonna buy them after i get my exhaust done...

my explorer i think has +44 offset. The 16" cragar wheels with 5x4.5 has 0 offset. +12 offset i know looks good but im afraid 0 offset might be too much.

Lowered with cragar soft 8s is going to look absolutely aweful IMO. Cragar soft 8's are meant to look like this.

Here is 17x8s on my ex.
IMG00305.jpg

Does anybody know if the cragar soft 8's will be compatible with the TPMS on my '06?

ive been looking into the cragar soft 8's as well. Im riding stock 16s now, and i hate how the tires sit on my truck. I want it to have more of a wider stance. And thats all i really need to know before i buy them. Will the cragar soft 8s give me a wider stance?? please someone help me out. ive been asking this question for a while now, and nobody wants to help me out. So and input would be greatly appreciated

02EBEX if you go with the 16X8 soft 8's it should give you the look you want because it has a 12mm offset which will put your wheels further out than the original stock. The 16X7 has a 0 offset so it will make your wheels stick out too much and look a bit ridiculous.

ok i have the 16x8's and they do stick out about and inch past the fender, they look great and are worth every penny!

and yes you can use the factory tpms on them, i know cause mine did!

Great thanks for the info. I just ordered a set of 16X8 cragar soft 8s with a set of 265/70/16 geolandar a/t's

ok i have the 16x8's and they do stick out about and inch past the fender, they look great and are worth every penny!

and yes you can use the factory tpms on them, i know cause mine did!

what off-set did you get 0 or 12

Pics??

Soft 8s are crawling wheels, not street wheels. I shouldn't expect they will look good at all on a street truck. And no, frostmonkey, soft 8s are supposed to look like this! I have no idea whose truck that is, I just googled the pic and the tag was from here. My point is that they belong on an ex, not a jeep.

Also, found a pic of a street truck with the soft 8s:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/ford cragar soft 8/94sonoma/Dscf0088.jpg
Horrid looking if you ask me.

(image wasn't working)

Back