Cragar Soft 8s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cragar Soft 8s

Hey guys ive got a 98 XLT and i am looking at putting some Cragar Soft 8s on it. i am trying to keep the 235/75/R15 tires on it, just have new rims. If i just get some 15x8 rims, will i be able to just mount onto the truck or will i ha ve rubbing issues or what. Someone please let me know what i need to do to keep the 235 tires on the truck. thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

15x8 with 4" backspacing is perfect for what you want. I have the same rims on my lifted Sport Trac with 33x12.50x15's...

picture.php

Okay well the whole wheel thing isn't what I'm familiar with. So do I order rims wit a 4" BS or what? Or can I just get the 15x8s and not have a problem. Sorry I know more about mechanical rather than the this topic!

Yes, you want 15x8's but they need to know wahat backspacing you want for the wheel. 4" backspacing is what you want for the look you're going for.

Thanks for the help. I just wanna make sure I get it right and not have to go buy more tires because the stock tires don't fit haha.

AWESOME look Midnightrebel. That's the same setup i'm putting on my 01' Explorer! Can't wait!

Back