• Register Today It's free!

Crank/Gear Issues-2003 Exporer

Lisa Hicks

Reaction score
City, State
McBee
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer
OK. Replaced steering column in my 2003 Explorer. Now my car won't crank nor will my gears line up.. I haven't plugged everything back in near my steering wheel...cant remember where everything goes/my time has been very limited. Help? Any step-by-step directions/diagrams/videos would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@Lisa Hicks Here is the complete Ford Shop Manual sections on R/R column, and dis/assemble column. imp

steari10.jpg

steari11.jpg

sterri10.jpg

sterri11.jpg

sterri12.jpg

sterri13.jpg

sterri14.jpg

sterri15.jpg

sterro10.jpg

subbing since i do need to apply part of this. Also want to do the telescoping mod.

Than you for the diagram. I am finally able to get the gears to shifts,,,I'm still unable to crank. Doesn't turn over. Battery is charged. Does anyone have a wiring diagram...plugs/wires I had to unhook to removed/replace to steering column. I didn't take pics and now I dont now what goes where. I feel lie that might be part of my problem.

Than you for the diagram. I am finally able to get the gears to shifts,,,I'm still unable to crank. Doesn't turn over. Battery is charged. Does anyone have a wiring diagram...plugs/wires I had to unhook to removed/replace to steering column. I didn't take pics and now I dont now what goes where. I feel lie that might be part of my problem.
@Lisa Hicks
I have complete wiring schematics, but they are laid-out "electrician" wise: no visual depictions of what goes where in the real world underhood. imp

Back