• Register Today It's free!

Cranks, won't start-Intermittent

psint

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonille, Fl.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer
I'm working on an intermittent problem on a 2003 Explorer. The car was towed in, engine turns over just fine but won't start. Tha battery was a bit low from the owner trying to start so I charged the battery, cleaned the cables and it started and ran fine. It ran fine for 2 days. :biggthumpAgain, it would crank but no start. :splat:The starter motor turns plenty fast so battery level isn't an issue, however when jumped, it starts. Makes no sense to me. The strange thing is I also have an S-10 Blazer with an identical problem. Both owners took the initiative to replace the battery and replacing the battery didn't help either vehicle. Both still have the same intermittent problems. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I can't understand how putting jumper cables on a battery with a full charge can make a difference but consistently, it does. :feedback:

Well there could be a couple of problems, With my moms explorer that problem got fixed by replacing the spark plug wires, they were cracked and moisture was getting in them, causing it not to work... The other could be your IAC needs cleaning Dead Link Removed

Have you checked to see if you are getting spark?

theft systems i had a 4runner with a viper when it went bad it did the same thing

Back