harlenm

Reaction score
City, State
Shelton, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited(lemon swap)
Is it supposed to be crooked like this?

IMAG0556.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is it supposed to be crooked like this?
Yes I suppose it is. That is exactly how mine looks. I wondered about it also.

Maybe to reflect the curvature of the windshield?

It looks curved on the windshield when lit up. That's why I thought it was weird.

I assumed it was mounted like that to take into account the curvature and angle of the windshield, so when it projected it wouldn't appear on the windshield all cattywampus.

I assumed it was mounted like that to take into account the curvature and angle of the windshield, so when it projected it wouldn't appear on the windshield all cattywampus.
There is a slight angle down to the right when projected, but when it goes off you won't be paying any attention to the angle. It has saved me once already. It should be a required feature with MFT. It does go off when you don't want it to (turning traffic, etc), but is a great safety feature. It will be interesting to see statistics over time as to which features actually improve accident rates.

You can adjust the sensitivity of it if it goes off too often.

How do you adjust?

How do you adjust?
In the Owner's Manual look for the pages shown with the heading Instrument Cluster. It shows various functions that can be set. I believe that in the vehicle, the adjustment is found in the left hand screen under Settings/Driver Assist/Collision Warning. Here you can set the sensitivity and turn the chimes and warning ON/OFF.

Back