• Register Today It's free!

creak/squeak?

Steve94LTD

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Limited
okay.. my 94 limited seems to be makign a creaking/squeaking sound coming from the front end whenever I press my brakes, or go over a bump or something to that effect. It seems like any time my front end has any forcee applied to it, it makes a creak, and its really pissing me off.. any idea what it could be?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mine does it all the time. Sound normal to me. :) But I know every thing is tight up front I check the Front end on a regular basis. The weather can Make the Squeaks worse or better.

maybe this may or may not be the same as my truck did...

what i did to get rid of the noise i had on the drivers side of my 92 is ....and i can't explain it..... open the door and spray wd-40 in it...like on the hinges......

i did it and my noises went away...dont' know why....but they did...however about every 2 months i have to do it again.........proably maybe...maybe due to worn hinges or something to that extent...

hope i helped ....let me know if it fixed your problem

later

ryan

check your radius arm bushings.mine did the same thing when it got cold outside.

check every bolt and make sure it is torque'd to spec.

also check your suspension. i dont know how, but maybe take it to a shop?

Check the front swaybar bushings. When mine went bad it squeeked really bad on braking and bumps.

Back