Creaking noise near front left wheel | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Creaking noise near front left wheel

jamie2112

Reaction score
City, State
Perris, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello, i have a 2007 ford explorer that has been making a creaking noise near the front driver’s side wheel. I noticed it while pulling out of a drive thru and it creaks when i’m driving on a bumpy road (even if the road is only slightly bumpy) and when the suspension is going up and down. I occasionally drive it on the dirt road at the end of my street which is very bumpy, is there a chance that this caused the noise? It definitely sounds like it’s the suspension. Is this something that could be a cause for worry?

sounds like a bushing is going bad. could be any of the control arm bushings. sway bar bushings.
could you turn the wheel all the way to the left and get a clear well lit picture of the upper control arm bushings. sway bar bushings and lower control arms

sounds like a bushing is going bad. could be any of the control arm bushings. sway bar bushings.
could you turn the wheel all the way to the left and get a clear well lit picture of the upper control arm bushings. sway bar bushings and lower control arms
thank you for your response, i’ll take a look at that.

Back