Creative Ideas Needed for 4x4 Decal | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Creative Ideas Needed for 4x4 Decal

Turned out great !

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Turned out great !

Xerox_Xerox_CopyCentre_C123_Copier_Copier-resized200.jpg

:thumbsup:

What sort of printer are you doing these on??

Its cut vinyl, not printed. I am using a Roland CAMM1 plotter if that means anything to anyone. The picture I posted of the other decals is covered in the transfer tape, the colors don't show through well. Once the decal is applied, the transfer tape is removed.

Okay. So you just cut each color, line them up, and put them on the backing? I thought maybe you could do gradients.

...it looks so much like factory it may be awhile before anyone notices....Sweeeeet....:D

wow..never knew they made a MX4! where did you buy the truck from?
LOL
came out great..and its really cool you have access to a cutter

Okay. So you just cut each color, line them up, and put them on the backing? I thought maybe you could do gradients.

I start with the base color, the decals on my truck the color was charcoal, then I cut the other colors(silver, burgundy and grey), lift them with clear transfer tape, set them on top of the base color. Then remove the clear tape, cover the whole thing with paper based transfer tape and apply. Works pretty well. I have done as many as 3 layers of different color.

Amazing things can be done with vinyl. I have done several Semi tractor trailers, store fronts, signs for a marquis here in my hometown, 4'x8' sings for stores, etc. These type of decals are cake compared to many things I have done.

Attachments

• graphics 001 (Medium).jpg
    graphics 001 (Medium).jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 284
  • decals 001 (Medium).jpg
    decals 001 (Medium).jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 303
  • DSC00122 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00122 (Medium).JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 280
  • hopper 006 (Medium).jpg
    hopper 006 (Medium).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 301

Evan, I would really like to see the grey version-

I like this very much--as usual-nice work!!

Unfortunately, the grey/black version can't really be seen until applied because of the transfer tape. :(

If i can come up with a good name for my explorer i will get some work done from you.

Its always been "The Beast" but now its green and i dont know if ill keep calling it that.

I couldn't stand it, I applied one of the smaller deals to an index card. I had to see how it looked. I did scan it in for your viewing pleasure.

That would look cool on a red or white Mounty

BTW: The black, charcoal, silver and grey decals are spoken for.

Dang!

Its cut vinyl, not printed. I am using a Roland CAMM1

Very cool, I have used one of these (Roland CAMM-1 CX-24 to be exact) but wish I had one to play with for myself. If I owned one, I would probably sit around all day making vinyl stickers too:D

I'll share it via PM, I suspect that some of the logos are trademarked and thus shared illegally, I don't want to ruin a good thing. ;)

PM me too, I might want a decal made with the fonts you found

Evan, your decal is cool!!

...that looks sweeeet...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back